You may at any time withdraw or change your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information, or request that we to delete it from BIC’s files, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. However, if you do not provide personal information required for us to supply you with a service offered on the Website (for example, our e-mail newsletters), we may not be able to provide that service to you.
BIC does not use this Website to knowingly solicit personal information from or to market to persons under the age of majority.2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When visiting our Website, we may collect information from you, including your age, your use of the Website, and the computer used by you to access the Website. Any other personal information you may provide will be on a voluntary basis. If you sign up for our newsletters, personal information that we collect will include your name, date of birth, email address and province or territory of residence. We will only send you online newsletter or similar e-mail communication in compliance with the applicable laws, and you will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from receiving the e-mails at any time. If you enter into our contests or promotions you may also be asked for personal information that may include your name, address, city, province of residence, postal code email address and telephone number.3. Cookies, web beacons and similar technologies
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify, with reference to the age you provide to us, whether you meet our requirements to enter and use this Website;
- to respond to your requests for products, services or information;
- to improve products and services and better understand your needs, including through customer surveys;
- to improve our Website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- to increase your awareness of BIC brand products and services;
- to administer and to facilitate your entry and participation in contests and promotions operated through the Website;
- If you have won, or may be a candidate for winning, a prize through a contest or promotion operated through the Website, to provide you with updates about that contest or promotion;
- to include you in advertising or marketing campaigns to offer you BIC's or other products or services;
- if we become involved in a transaction to sell parts of our business or assets or merge with other businesses, as customer information may be part of such transactions, we may use or disclose this information to other parties involved in the transaction; and
- to assist you with posting links or content from this website to social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook.
5. Links to or From Other Web Sites
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, including administering promotions, sending newsletters, or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information secure and confidential. We do not authorize such parties to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. We may also release your information when we believe release is permitted by or appropriate to comply with the law (for example, in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law), to enforce our Website policies, to exercise or a defend legal claims or to protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.7. Security of Your Personal Information
We have policies and procedures in place to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. In addition, we have implemented technological safeguards including security software, passwords and firewalls intended to prevent unauthorized computer access. No claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstance or its resilience to future attacks.8. Transfer and Storage of Information.
Your personal information is stored at secure locations and on servers located in Toronto, Ontario. We or our service providers may use servers located in the United States for back up and emergency storage of this Website, the content of which may include your personal information. Any electronic records generated by us or our service providers during the course of your interactions with the Website may be maintained on those servers. As such, your personal information may be disclosed, processed and stored outside Canada, and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable there. You may obtain information and address questions about the privacy policies and practices relating to handling of your personal information outside of Canada by contacting us by the method set out below. We retain your personal information as long as is required for the purposes identified when you provided the personal information and for any new purposes identified and consented to by you, and for an appropriate time thereafter.9. Contact Us
If you choose to use the Contact Us function, you may be transferred to our affiliate website where you will be asked to voluntarily provide personal information including your name, e-mail address and mailing address so that we may contact you to respond to your comments, questions, or requests for information. Please note that affiliate websites may maintain their own privacy policies, which we recommend that you review prior to providing your personal information.
November 22, 2013